This is a full time role based in San Francisco.
To apply, email your resume, LinkedIn, and other relevant information to email@example.com.
Pepper is building a suite of nutrition APIs that help health, food, insurance, and technology companies build better user experiences and make smarter business decisions. We are backed by world class investors including Y Combinator.
In this role, you will:
- Lead our efforts in building the world’s most comprehensive nutrition database. This includes indexing macros, micros and many more attributes for common foods, consumer packaged goods, and restaurants.
- Manage a small team of dieticians, nutritionists, and others that will assist you in collecting, cleaning, and reviewing nutrition data.
- Work closely with our engineering team to refine our database, and to gather and predict nutrition data at scale.
- Work on ad hoc projects.
- Are a Registered Dietician or Registered Dietitian Nutritionist with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience or an exceptional track record of demonstrating success. If the latter, then please include details in your application.
- Extremely knowledgeable on nutrition values for common foods, along with a strong understanding how different cooking and growing methods affect said nutrition values.
- Familiarity with nutrition databases such as the USDA’s Food Composition Databases.
- Comfortable working with large amounts of data, especially in Microsoft Excel.
- Bonus points if you have worked in the restaurant, grocery, or technology industry!