Machine Learning Engineer
This is a full time role based in San Francisco.
To apply, email your resume, LinkedIn, and other relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pepper is building a suite of nutrition APIs that help health, food, insurance, and technology companies build better user experiences and make smarter business decisions. We are backed by world class investors including Y Combinator.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with our product and dietician teams to create the world’s most accurate, comprehensive nutrition database.
- Build new and improve our existing machine learning models that predict nutrients - calories, protein, fat, etc. - for restaurant and grocery foods.
- Build new and improve existing models that help us better categorize and organize our nutrition database.
- Help us build exciting new products and APIs that will be directly integrated into consumer apps used by millions of people every day.
- 3+ years of industry experience using machine learning to solve real-world problems with large datasets.
- BS or MS degree in artificial intelligence, machine learning, or computer science.
- Expertise in natural language and/or image processing.
- Strong programming skills in Python and fluency in data manipulation (e.g. SQL, Spark, Pandas) and machine learning tools (e.g. scikit-learn, XGBoost, Keras/Tensorflow).
- Knowledge of common ML frameworks and Infrastructure pipelines. Familiarity with AWS and Google Cloud is a plus.